How To Configure BellSouth Email Settings?
BellSouth Email Settings-BellSouth used to be one of the largest Telecommunications Company of USA until its merger with AT&T in 2006. It is also a widely known Internet Service Provider and provides a great number of services for its users. Email service by BellSouth is still retained even after the merger but with changed extensions. BellSouth email service is packed with features to enhance its usability and is hence one of the most common webmail company in the world. The email services by BellSouth are priced decently and provide the users with a lot of scopes.
Some users find configuring their BellSouth email account a bit complex and hence are unable to extract the maximum benefits out of the mail service. The following sections are solely devoted to the purpose of letting the users know how to configure their BellSouth email accounts easily and really fast.
Steps to Set up BellSouth Email Account
The following are the few initial tweaks that the email users need to make so as to set their BellSouth account up easily on any of the devices that they use including smartphones, tablets, desktop PCs etc. These are the few basic settings: BellSouth Email Settings.
- BellSouth Incoming Mail Server (POP3): inbound.att.net
- BellSouth Incoming port (POP3): 995
- BellSouth Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.mail.att.net
- BellSouth Incoming Port (IMAP): 993
- BellSouth Outgoing mail server (SMTP): outbound.att.net
- BellSouth Outgoing port: 465 or 587
- SSL Encryption should be checked.
- The password and username may be same as the webmail.
Steps to Set up BellSouth Email Settings on MS Outlook 2013
Setting up the BellSouth Email account in MS Outlook was always easy. However, due to a large number of tricky steps that are involved, the users find a little difficulty in setting up their BellSouth accounts on MS Outlook. MS Outlook email setup provides the users with a lot of features including receiving emails at a single destination.
The following steps can be followed by the users to set up their BellSouth email accounts on MS Outlook 2013:
- The user first needs to select Files section followed by Account Settings option.
- Then from the dropdown list, he needs to select the email account that he needs to update. If he does not have it registered in prior, he can click on the new account option and proceed further.
- In the following section, the user needs to select an Internet Email Settings option and in the next step, he needs to verify if POP3 and IMAP are selected and the credentials that are given are correct or not.
- For the accounts with POP3 sync feature, the user needs to enter inbound.att.net under the mentioned server name field and outbound.att.net in the outgoing mail server field. Similarly, for IMAP accounts, the incoming mail server should be imap.mail.att.net and the outgoing server name should be smtp.mail.att.net.
- After verifying the username and password, the user should click on More Settings followed by Outgoing Servers tab. The user needs to ensure that My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server options are selected.
- Under the Advanced tab, the user needs to enter 995 under Incoming Server (POP3) field and 465 under Outgoing server (SMTP) field if he has a POP account. If he has an IMAP account type, then in the corresponding incoming and outgoing server port number fields, he needs to enter 993 and 465 respectively.
- Then the user needs to select OK followed by Next and Finish on the internet email settings page.
Also, Check – Att Yahoo Email Settings
Setting up of POP and IMAP Accounts
The POP and IMAP features can be activated by entering the required server names and port numbers corresponding to POP and IMAP in the mentioned fields. POP and IMAP features help the users to retrieve their emails on any device that they use.
Once having serially followed all these above-mentioned steps, the users can derive the best use out of their BellSouth email accounts. If any further problem exists, AT&T has a quick responding customer relations team to solve the problems. If You Like BellSouth Email Settings Info Then Please Share This Article. Thank You