AOL EMAIL SETTINGS
AOL mail is the email service provided by AOL. It is sometimes also referred as AIM Mail. AIM sands for “AOL Instant Messenger”. AOL is a part of Verizon Communications Company which acquired it in 2015. This web E- Mail application is available in 55 languages and has a global reach. You need to register to setup AOL Mail account setting; and yes! It’s for free. Now Check Aol Email Settings
AOL MAIL SETUP
Creating an AOL account is really easy and useful. You can sign up for free and own an AOL Mail email address. Follow the steps as stated below-
Step-1 Visit ‘Create New Account Page’ in aol.com
Step-2 Enter your First name and Last Name.
Step-3 Choose your e-mail address.
Enter Username in concerned box.
Note- AOL username is like your identity card. It is the first-part of the e-mail address and represents you. It represents your conversation when you are online or when u communicate. If your favourite Username is taken, the server will suggest you slight variations to make it unique.
Step-4 Enter password, and retype password to confirm it.
Step-5 Enter following details
~Date o Birth
~Security Question (remember it as it helps if u forget the password)
~ Mobile Number
~ Alternate e-mail address (ignored to recover your account)
Step-6 Click on Signup
Step-7 Type the confirmation code sent to your mobile as a text message. Click on ‘Finish’.
AOL SERVER SETTINGS
AOL Server settings are a necessity if you like to use a third part email client. This setting needs manual configuration. Here is the point from where everything starts getting a bit difficult. You need to enter the details manually. This will help you to configure the settings to use AOL Mail in e-mail applications that are not developed by AOL, such as Outlook.
STEPS TO SETUP AOL ACCOUNT IN OUTLOOK
Following these steps which are written below, will help to set up AOL e-mail account using IMAP access. Just go through the steps below-
- Go to ‘Outlook’
- Click into File > Account Settings to open the account settings window.
- The tab “Email” pops up. Click the button titled “New………”.
- Check the box next to “Manual setup or additional server types”
- Click ‘Next’.
- From all the options that pops up on the screen. Choose “POP or IMAP”.
- Click Next > Fill out all details.
~ “Your Name” section should be filled with the name you want to appear when you send mails
~ Enter full AOL E-mail address.
~ Pick IMAP from dropdown menu.
- In server information, enter the details as written below
~ Incoming mail server – imap.aol.com
~ Outgoing mail server (SMTP) – smtp.aol.com
- Enter AOL email account in bottom of the ‘Add account’
Note– Don’t write the complete email address. Drop the “aol.com” portion.
- Check right the “Remember Password” option.
Note- this will let you sign into the account without having to type password all the time.
- At the bottom right of Add Account window. Go to ‘More Settings…..’ .
- Go to the Outgoing server tab.
- Tick the box that says “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”
- In Advanced Tab of Internet Email settings window, type 587 in “Outgoing Server (SMTP)” area.
- Click OK.
Result- This saves the changes.
- In “Add Account” click Next >.
Result – Now Outlook tests these all account settings which we have set now and, to test them it sends a test message .
- Click on “Close” on that confirmation window.
- Click >Finish.
Result- this closes down the Add Account window.
- Click “Close” to exit Account Settings screen.
This now configures your AOL email account in Outlook.
AOL SMTP SETTINGS
AOL webmail is a good option, but there are many users who are always comfortable with using a mail client. A mail client is better and eases your work. To deliver messages using your AOL account and a mail application it is necessary to setup AOL’s SMTP server. The process of setting SMTP for your AOL mail service is really easy- Aol SMTP Settings
Step 1- Open ‘Client’s configuration panel’.
Step 2- Go to “tools” and select “Account settings” in your mail client page.
Step 3- Choose “Outgoing server (SMTP)”.
Step 4- To set a new SMTP, click on the “Add…” button.
Step 5- Enter the details in their respective fields as stated below-
#AOL SMTP server name- smtp.aol.com
#AOL SMTP username- enter your complete AOL address
#AOL SMTP Password- The password of your account.
#AOL SMTP port- enter number 25 or 465
AOL IMAP SETTINGS
IMAP is a written set of protocols which allows it’s user to have an independent access to e-mails from any mail server to mail client. IMAP is widely used nowadays. It has an edge over the POP protocol because of some of the very important features that it offers. IMAP ensures that your emails are kept securely in your remote e- mail server. It facilitates multiple device usage. You can access your mail from anywhere. There might be more than one device connected to it. It also syncs other devices with the server.
AOL settings can be easily done with IMAP by following the points stated below. Fill the details as told below- Aol Imap Settings
- Enter your full aol mail address and full aol e-mail address in the place of IMAP username
- Choose port 143 for standard connection.
Choose port 993 for SSL connection.
- Enter incoming mail server as- imap.aol.com
SMTP outgoing server address: smtp.aol.com
- SMTP Username should be the same as your full AOL email address and same as IMAP username.
- 587 in case of SMTP port
Enter the password which you use to login to AOL mail account in place of SMTP password.
AOL POP SETTINGS
Normally most of the modern devices already do enter the settings for you. If you are doing manual POP setting for your AOL account then you need to enter the information as stated below.
- The e-mail address and POP username should be your full AOL email address.
- Enter the information as follows-
~For standard Connections- Port 110
~For SSL Connections- Port 995
- Incoming Mail Server- pop.aol.com
SMTP Outgoing server address- stmp.aol.com
- SMTP Username- Full AOL e-mail address (as entered in 1st step)
- SMTP Port- 587
SMTP Password – same which you use to login the AOL mail account.
Note- # Check SSL option for IMAP/POP.
# Check TLS option for SMTP.
# Check the option of leaving messages on the server.
AOL e-mail is one of the most widely used online mail services and setting it up according to your own needs will help the user to totally harness the full potential of its services. The above stated settings are easy and make your work more organized and accessible. Follow these easy steps and experience a user friendly mailing service.
Check- Outlook.com Email Settings