1 and 1 E-mail settings
1 and 1 E-mail settings-1and1 Webmail is an online electronic mail service provider. It lets it’s used to access and operate an E-Mail account (either personal or business type) using any Internet browser. All you need is your personal computer and a stable internet connection. Along with normal e-mail service; 1and1 lets its user read and send emails using any web browser. All the information about the 1and1 mail settings is explained in detail in this article.
1AND1 EMAIL SETTINGS
E-Mail settings in 1 and 1 are really simple. It comes standard with all the 1and1 hosting packages. Some easy peasy steps down and voila! You have your own 1and1 mail account. Follow the steps noted below-
- Log in to the 1and1 control panel.
- Choose ‘Manage E-Mail address’ from the main panel.
- Add the following details-
– The first part of the new e-mail address that you want to create.
– Select ‘Domain name’. (from drop down menu)
- Click on ‘Create’ button.
- Choose the mailbox type.
note- You have to choose among 1and1 Webmail Basic or 1and1 Mail Business. 1and1 Basic is for small-scale whereas 1and1 Mail Business is for professional e-mail communication.
- Enter the e-mail address name and choose the domain that you prefer.
- Enter the details such as First name, Last Name, Password and Confirm Password.
- Click on ‘Save’ to continue.
result- A confirmation is displayed
1AND1 OUTLOOK SETTINGS
1AND1 OUTLOOK SETTINGs-Outlook is a very widely preferred e-mail client. The Professional e-mail address option in 1and1 e-mail setting includes the Outlook mail setting. Outlook provides a number of choices with 1and1. The classic e-mail packages can be used along with Outlook with help of IMAP or POP3. The best option offered by Outlook in recent times is its business packages. You can use Outlook and Office 365 powered by Microsoft too. All-time compliant expert support of Outlook will take care of any obstructions those come n the way. To set up your 1and1 e-mail account with outlook; follow the steps noted below-
- Pre-installed Outlook
- Pre-created 1and1 e-mail account in your 1and1 Package
- Go to ‘control panel’ on your computer. Go to the mail option.
- Go to ‘E-mail accounts’ tab.
- Click on ‘New’ button.
- Select E-mail account and click on ‘Next’.
- Enter the information asked. The name, e-mail address, password etc. Then click on ‘next’ button.
note- Outlook will auto-detect your e-mail setting. A window will appear attempting to configure the e-mail account using settings from the auto-discovered 1and1 website.
- Check the box, on the tab that appears
- Click ‘Allow’
note-after sometime a confirmation message will be received.
- Click on ‘Finish’.
1AND1 SERVER SETTINGS
1AND1 SERVER SETTINGS-An e-mail server is an application which acts a virtual post office for you. A server stores incoming emails so that it can distribute it to the local uses. It also sends out the outgoing messages. They use a client-server application model to send and receive messages using SMTP ( Simple Mail Transfer Protocol). The incoming and outgoing server types that Windows Mail supports are –
- POP3 – Post Office Protocol 3
- IMAP – Internet Message Access Protocol
- SMTP – Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
1AND1 POP3 SETTINGS
1AND1 POP3 SETTINGS-It holds incoming e-mail messages until you check your e-mail. POP3 takes care of the messages until the point they are transferred to the computer. After you check your e-mail the messages get typically deleted from the server. POP3 needs to be set manually. The steps are noted below-
- Launch Outlook and select Tools > Accounts.
- Click on ‘Add’ button.
- Select E-Mail Account. Click ‘Next’ button.
- Enter the Display Name. Click Next.
note- This name is the one which others will see when they receive your e-mail.
- Enter 1and1 full e-mail address. Click on ‘Next’.
- Select the POP3 as Incoming e-mail server type.
- Enter the details given below-
– pop.1and1.com = as Incoming Server.
– smtp.1and1.com = as Outgoing Server.
- Check the box for ‘Outgoing server requires authentication’. Click on Next.
- Enter full 1and1 e-mail address as e-mail username.
- In place of Outgoing e-mail server enter ‘smtp.1and1.com’.
note- check remember password checkbox. This ensures that you don’t have to enter it again and again.
- Enter ‘Password’. Click ‘Next’.
note- Leave the ‘Do not download my e-mail and folders at this time’ unchecked. This lets you download your mail right away.
- Click on ‘Finish’
Also, Check- Verizon Settings
1AND1 IMAP SETTINGS
1AND1 IMAP SETTINGS-It is a bit different than POP3. It lets the user work with e-mail messages without downloading them to the computer. The messages can be previewed, deleted and organised directly on IMAP. Copies get stored on the server. It stayed saved until you delete them. It is mostly preferred for business accounts. 1and1 suggests the use of IMAP over POP3. The IMAP settings can be easily configured manually on your personal computer. Noted below are some of the points which will guide you to set IMAP in the perfect way. Enter them in the fields as asked.
* User Name- full email address
* Server Name- imap.1and1.com
* Type- IMAP
* Port- 993
* Security – SSL / TLS
1AND1 SMTP SETTINGS
1AND1 SMTP SETTINGS-It is an outgoing mail server. It handles sending of e-mail messages to the internet. It works in association with either POP3 or IMAP incoming e-mail server. The manual setting of SMTP is easier and needs fewer fields to fill up. The required fields are-
* Server Name- smtp.1and1.com
* Port- 587
* Security – SSL/ TLS
These 1and1 mail settings are the best way through which you can harness maximum efficiency from your 1and1 email accounts. The steps stated above are an all-around package. It helps you to setup your new 1and1 email account, lets you set the incoming and outgoing servers and also helps you to set up your 1and1 account in your favourite mail client. Overall it will enhance the mailing experience for manifolds.